As Washakie County School District No. 1 works to update our purpose statements, it is our goal is to maintain simplicity and clarity of purpose.
We welcome your thoughts!
Mission - "Why are We Here?
"Washakie No. 1 is here to ensure high levels of learning for all students
in order that they are college and/or career ready when they graduate high school."
Vision - What Must We Become?
To ensure all students learn at high levels and graduate high school ready for college and/or a career, we all must:
- Focus on Learning
- Build a Collaborative Culture
- Focus on Results
Focus on the Four Critical Questions:
- What do we want all students to know and be able to do?
- How will we know if each student has learned?
- How will we respond when students do not learn?
- How will we extend the learning for students who have demonstrated proficiency?
We will . . .
- Actively involve all stakeholders in the learning process by fostering an environment of ongoing, two-way communication.
- Develop and sustain meaningful, safe, collaborative, and healthy relationships with students and colleagues.
- Foster ongoing, job-embedded learning to increase student achievement and model lifelong learning and the commitment to quality work and continual growth.
- Make decisions that are student-centered and data-informed with a focus on clear learning targets, relevant and authentic learning opportunities, equity, and analyzing assessment results.
- Share responsibility for student learning system wide by proactively and intentionally working with all learners ensuring they have the support needed for learning.